America leads the world in gun violence and we must take sensible action to address it. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe.
As your Congressman, I will:
- Support universal background checks to close dangerous loopholes in our current laws.
- Pass laws to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers, other violent criminals, and the severely mentally ill. No Fly, No Buy.
- Ban assault weapons, high capacity magazines and bump stock-like accessories to keep weapons of war off our streets.
- Oppose concealed carry reciprocity (H.R. 38). Currently, it is estimated that 80% of guns involved in New Jersey’s gun-related crimes come from other states, so I will work with legislators throughout the country to find common ground on gun violence prevention efforts.
- Work to close the Iron Pipeline and the illegal trade of weapons.
- Support funding for the CDC to directly study gun violence in the United States.
- Refuse any money from the NRA or similar organizations for the campaign or related issues.