The Jersey Shore is an engine for our local economy. Hurricane Sandy devastated our region and that is why we must work with federal authorities not only to rebuild but effectively plan and prepare for the future to create a more resilient coastline. Climate change threatens our health, our national security, our economy, and our future. I pledge to protect our shoreline and valuable natural resources. As your Congressman, I will support legislation that:
- Protects New Jersey’s coastline from companies seeking to drill off our coast.
- Secures federal funding to assist New Jersey businesses and homeowners rebuild from natural disasters using resilient practices.
- Protects our ocean by supporting and upholding the National Ocean Policy to make our waters are healthy and sustainable.
- Builds a clean energy economy in our region that will reduce pollution and create good-paying jobs.
- Conserves our public lands, open spaces, and waterways from special interests.